This 100+ page book teaches you how to create a compelling conceptual, analytical and pitch model that your audience will love.
What's in the eBook?
- Step 1: Purpose. Define a high-level purpose for your business case that encompasses the business need and category of solution that you plan to explore.
- Step 2: Value. Connect to the business strategy by drawing direct lines from business objectives to the needs/solution and outline the way this idea should be measured.
- Step 3: Stakeholders. Understand the external and internal stakeholders affected by the idea and how roles, responsibilities and relationships might change.
- Step 4: Audience. Intimately understand who will decide if and how this idea will move forward; and why they should care.
- Step 5: Big Idea. Sketch out a conceptual model for what this solution might look like; and begin the process of vocally socializing the concept with the audience.
- Step 6: Options. Define several options within the solution category and define a way to evaluate options.
- Step 7: Blueprint. Outline the structure of your option(s) and how it will be developed, launched and operated over time.
- Step 8: Costs/Benefits/Risks. Estimate the costs and benefits and how risk will be addressed along the way.
- Step 9: ROI. Evaluate the streams of costs and benefits using NPV, IRR and payback calculations.
- Step 10: Selection. Select a single option to finalize and propose based on a full analysis of costs, benefits, risk and ROI.
- Step 11: Persuasion. Use ethical and scientifically proven principles of persuasion to convince your audience.
- Step 12: Narrative. Use effective storytelling to transform your message into a compelling and memorable narrative.
- Step 13: Media. Use the principles of effective visual and audio design to communicate your business case.
- Step 14: Presentation. Use in-person presentation and other interpersonal skills to present the business case to the audience.
- Step 15: Follow-Up. Ensure that a final decision is made with ongoing follow-up and communication.
How Will this eBook Help?
If you are asked to build a business case for risk-based work (risk management, compliance, internal audit, cybersecurity, IT compliance, etc.) then this guide will give you specific help.
Featured in: Business Case, Communication, Persuasion, Financial Analysis, Build a Strong Business Case