This eBook teaches you how to build a strong team to do risk-based work.
10 Aspects of a Strong Team
- Aspect 1: Purpose. Focus on a mission and a vision while adhering to values by using measurable objectives to judge results.
- Aspect 2: Results. Hold everyone accountable for individual results and team results.
- Aspect 3: Commitment. Commit to the purpose, the team structure, and the way that the team functions.
- Aspect 4: Skills. Staff the right mix of domain skills and specialized risk-related skills including strategy, risk, audit, compliance, ethics, IT and more.
- Aspect 5. Balance. Include diverse experiences, personalities and perspectives to elevate creativity and increase team performance.
- Aspect 6: Trust. Promote equality and trust on the team so that every member knows that they can turn to colleagues for help and resolve differences with respect.
- Aspect 7: Empathy. Recognize the emotions of each teammember and where they are coming from.
- Aspect 8: Conflict. Embrace constructive conflict to surface creative ideas and better ways of getting things done.
- Aspect 9: Structure. Allocate roles and responsibilities and design a team structure with depth to address uncertainty.
- Aspect 10. Authority. Ensure that the team has the appropriate decision-making authority and adequate resources to fulfill their purpose.
How Will this eBook Help?
Building a strong team for risk-based work has special aspects that need to be present. This book helps your identify where your weaknesses are and how to address gaps.