The Policy Enforcement Team – Roles and Responsibilities
Attending this event counts towards your CPE credits.
The Policy Management Illustrated Webinar Series – Part Four. This fourth installment of the Policy Management Illustrated Webinar Series examines ways to ensure policies are consistently implemented and enforced and outlines the roles different departments play in the process.
PLEASE NOTE. Certificates of Completion for CPE credit are not available for viewing of archived webinars. For GRCP holders, viewing of archived webinars will be automatically tracked and recorded in your Certification Dashboard on your Profile on the OCEG site and will count toward GRCP CPE requirements only.
A well-written policy that is not accepted or followed can become a liability and increases risk exposure. When policies are understood and followed, they are assets that help direct the behavior of individuals, define business processes, and guide relationships.
It is not the job of the Compliance team alone to ensure policy adherence. Many groups need to work together to ensure policies are properly implemented and enforced throughout the organization and within the extended enterprise. Decisions about allowing exceptions to the standard policy also require collaborative action.
Join us in this webinar for a discussion of the challenges, best practices, and benefits of a measurable and trackable system for policy enforcement and an overview of the contributions to the process that must be made by different groups in the organization from HR to Legal to IT and more.
· Describe the roles of each part of the organization in enforcing policies
· Define methods for compliance metrics and assessments
· Determine how to manage exceptions and apply policies in the extended enterprise
· Michael Rasmussen, GRC Research Analyst and Pundit, GRC 20/20 and OCEG Fellow
· Robert O’Brien, CEO, MetaCompliance
The Policy Management Illustrated Series
OCEG and GRC20/20 are pleased to present the Policy Management Illustrated Webinar Series as a complete resource for maturing your policy management processes and systems of policy control.
The series takes a deep dive into each stage of the policy management lifecycle and offers guidance on where to begin and resources to help you make the case for better policy management with installments addressing:
• An Overview of the Policy Lifecycle
• Implementation and Enforcement
• Tracking Change That Impacts Policies
• Where Policy Management Fits
• Building the Business Case for Better Policy Management
• Explaining Why Policies Matter