Preparing for the Policy Management Change
Attending this event counts towards your CPE credits.
The Policy Management Illustrated Webinar Series. In this installment of the Policy Management Illustrated Webinar Series, we walk you through steps you can take to identify and assess current policy management activities addressing each stage of the policy lifecycle, determine where gaps and unnecessary overlaps exist, and plan for the future state.
PLEASE NOTE. Certificates of Completion for CPE credit are not available for viewing of archived webinars. For GRCP holders, viewing of archived webinars will be automatically tracked and recorded in your Certification Dashboard on your Profile on the OCEG site and will count toward GRCP CPE requirements only.
Every organization has a different level of organization and maturity in its approach to policy management. Virtually no one is starting from scratch. To the contrary, most organizations have hundreds or thousands of policies, including some that those who “need to know” don’t know about. Many also suffer with unstructured and inconsistent processes for designing and distributing policies, making training decisions and ensuring enforcement. Even beyond these problems, there often is no or little accountability for mapping policies to objectives, risks and changes in circumstances that are relevant to policy content. And then there is the challenge of multiple systems of record and information management.
Before an integrated and mature policy management structure can be put in place, you need to know the current state of affairs. Join us as we walk you through ways to gain that knowledge before you begin to make change.
· Identify aspects of current state policy management that must be evaluated
· Select methods used to collect and assess information
· Outline the current state and determine where to begin making change
• Carole Switzer, Co-Founder and President, OCEG
• Yo McDonald, Vice President GRC Solutions, MetricStream
• Michael Rasmussen, GRC Research Analyst and Pundit, GRC 20/20 and OCEG Fellow
The Policy Management Illustrated Series
OCEG and GRC20/20 are pleased to present the Policy Management Illustrated Webinar Series as a complete resource for maturing your policy management processes and systems of policy control.
The series takes a deep dive into each stage of the policy management lifecycle and offers guidance on where to begin and resources to help you make the case for better policy management with installments addressing:
• An Overview of the Policy Lifecycle
• Implementation and Enforcement
• Tracking Change That Impacts Policies
• Where Policy Management Fits
• Building the Business Case for Better Policy Management
• Explaining Why Policies Matter
• Preparing for Policy Management Change