Leveraging GRC for Better Business Continuity Planning
Attending this event counts towards your CPE credits.
Business continuity planning today must create systems of prevention and recovery to deal with potential threats to a company that go beyond data recovery. In this webcast, we address the ways forward-thinking organizations leverage GRC processes and...
Business continuity planning (BCM) today must create systems of prevention and recovery to deal with potential threats to a company that go beyond data recovery. Be it physical damage from massive weather events or terrorism, financial difficulty from unexpected economic events, or data and operational disruption from cyber-attacks or technological failure, the impacts can rapidly snowball to catastrophic levels. The need to plan for business operations and services to continue uninterrupted in the face of a catastrophic event is greater than ever before. Doing so requires coordination of risk management, compliance and internal controls across the extended enterprise – the very activities that are the center of GRC capabilities.
In the webcast “Leveraging GRC for Better Business Continuity Planning,” we address the ways forward-thinking organizations leverage GRC processes and technologies to support a more mature and effective BCM capability.
Attendees will learn about:
- Methods to identify disruptive threats to direct and critical third party business operations
- Processes for aligning business continuity planning with risk management and compliance requirements
- Technologies for support of BCM in an integrated architecture that ensures real time assessment of changing risks and re-evaluation of needs as business objectives and strategies shift.
- Willy Fill, Director, Swiss Re
- Linda Laun, Global Chief Continuity Architect, IBM
- Glenn Peters, Lead Solution Architect, IBM
- Carole Switzer, Co-founder and President, OCEG