OPEN COMPLIANCE & ETHICS GROUP CHAIRMAN AND CEO TO PRESENT EXCLUSIVE CAWORLD GRC LUNCHEON
PHOENIX, AZ and ISLANDIA, NY - September 23, 2008 -Scott L. Mitchell, Chairman and CEO of OCEG, will present at a special lunchtime session at the 13th annual CA World, an education and networking conference for CA, Inc. customers and partners. Mr. Mitchell's presentation, Driving Principled Performance® : A Framework for Measuring and Evaluating GRC Capability, will address the OCEG GRC Capability Model, a process framework that helps organizations to align governance, risk and compliance management (GRC) activities; determine whether initiatives are delivering business value; and optimize performance. OCEG, a nonprofit think tank, has recently updated its GRC Capability Model™ with input from over 200 experts, which is available for public comment at http://www.oceg.org/view/RB2Project .
"OCEG has provided risk and compliance professionals with the standards, guidelines, and resources to improve their GRC programs and achieve a sustainable compliance program," said Marc Camm, SVP and general manager of Governance, Risk and Compliance Products, CA, Inc. "CA World 2008 business governance attendees will learn about the tremendous value in the standardized OCEG Framework and will be better informed on strategies to integrate and elevate GRC processes."
At this exclusive lunchtime session, attendees will learn how to:
- Demonstrate to the Board that the company's GRC initiatives are delivering outcomes that really matter to the business.
- Explore a standardized framework for consistently evaluating and communicating the performance of a corporate GRC program.
- Acquire and apply performance metrics, measurements, and relevant indicators that have been successfully applied to GRC programs worldwide.
- Evaluate step-by-step examples of best practices from diverse organizations that are optimizing the performance of their GRC programs.
- Assess whether or not the money their company initially allocated for a compliance mandate or adverse audit has been, and continues to be, well spent.
- Measure the true value and cost of their compliance initiatives.
CA will debut a Governance, Risk & Compliance program at CA World 2008, November 16-21 in Las Vegas. General information on CA World 2008 is available today at www.ca-grc.com/events. To register for the exclusive luncheon with Scott Mitchell, CEO of OCEG, please visit:http://www.ca-grc.com/caworldAbout the Open Compliance & Ethics Group
OCEG is a nonprofit organization that provides:
- Common Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC) language and structure - a Framework that can be followed to assess risks then design and evaluate controls for them;
- Compliance Metrics - Measurements to ensure performance aligns with company objectives;
- Online Access - a searchable database that provides ready access to key legal requirements (and to the laws and regulations themselves), clearly stated practices to aid with compliance, and tools and resources to make the process easier;
- A community of practice to share ideas, ask questions, and benchmark against peers. OCEG helps organizations drive Principled Performance™.
For more information about OCEG, visit www.oceg.orgAbout CA
CA (NASDAQ: CA) is the world's leading independent IT management software company. With CA's Enterprise IT Management (EITM) vision and expertise, organizations can more effectively govern, manage and secure IT to optimize business performance and sustain competitive advantage. For more information, visit www.ca.com.
# # #
All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.Press Contacts:
Phone: (508) 628-8575