All content on this site is the property of OCEG. We make it available online and in print under copyright whereby we reserve all rights. There is some content on the site, in particular a few of our open source standards, which we provide under a “copyleft” agreement. Details are available at http://www.oceg.org/advanced-license-permissions
We understand that some organizations are not able to use open source content and code in their products and/or projects. As such, even when there is a copyleft license, we also offer other licenses that may allow you to include this content in your project/product. Contact us at email@example.com for details about other licensing.
- Do not misuse our intellectual property.
- If you plan on using our materials to market your services or generate revenue, obtain a commercial use license.
- We respect your privacy and only collect basic information to remain in contact with our members and serve their needs.
- When we have sponsored events or publications, we will provide your contact information to the sponsors who may seek to contact you. You are not obligated to respond or to communicate with them.
1. Permissible Use of Materials. All materials on this website, including all original documents to which links are provided, are the copyrighted work of the Open Compliance and Ethics Group (OCEG), unless otherwise noted.
Pages from this website and linked documents, with the exception of public exposure draft documents, may be downloaded, copied and distributed within your own organization on a limited basis for noncommercial purposes only, provided that any copies include the OCEG copyright notice in a clearly visible position. Public exposure draft documents may not be copied and distributed, but anyone may register and download a copy from the website.
Please note that most downloaded documents will be stamped with a single user noncommercial license and you may want to have others in your organization register and download their own copies instead of distributing your copy, so that you can be sure to prevent further redistribution of an item licensed to you.
You agree not to create abstracts from, scrape or display headlines from our content for use on another web site or service. You agree not to post any content from the OCEG site to newsgroups, mail lists or electronic bulletin boards, without our prior written consent. To request consent for this and other matters, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You agree not to use the OCEG site for any unlawful purpose. We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access if, in our opinion, your use may violate any laws, infringe upon another person’s rights or violate the terms of this Agreement. Also, we may refuse to grant you a user name that impersonates someone else, is protected by trademark or other proprietary right law, or is vulgar or otherwise offensive.
2. Commercial Use of Materials. These materials may not be copied or redistributed for commercial purposes or for compensation of any kind. This means that you must first ensure that your organization has arranged a commercial use license before you may use these materials in consulting engagements and you may not use the content in any software application which you sell or otherwise make available to clients or customers (unless the client or customer itself holds an OCEG enterprise license and OCEG is informed of the engagement or use by you). You also may not use any OCEG materials in presentations or publications which support marketing efforts by your organization without prior approval from OCEG. If you have questions about these terms, or would like information about licensing materials from OCEG, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
3. Contributions of Content by You. You agree that any document or other submission delivered to OCEG for posting or publication is original to you as the author or is in the public domain or you have gained permission to post the document or a link to the document; that such posting or publication does not infringe or violate any law or the intellectual property rights of any third party; and that the document has not been published, sold, licensed, pledged or otherwise encumbered such that it may not be posted on the OCEG site. We refer to your submissions as “User Submissions” subject to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Provisions further discussed at paragraph 10 below. Further, the presentation of any User Submissions on the OCEG site is solely within OCEG’s discretion and we may remove any User Submissions at any time for any reason. Any member submissions are solely the views of that member, and OCEG neither endorses nor joins in those views. You agree to hold OCEG harmless, indemnify and defend OCEG against any claims it may face that arise from your contributions to the site.
4. Third Party Web Sites, Services and Software. We may link to or promote web sites or services from other companies on the OCEG site or offer you the ability to download content or software from other companies. You agree that we are not responsible for, and do not control, those web sites, services, content and software and are not responsible for their actions.
7. Fees and Payments. You agree to pay subscription and any other charges incurred in connection with your username and password for OCEG at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. If you’ve elected to pay by credit card, we will bill all charges to your credit card upon receipt of your application or purchase.
All fees and charges are nonrefundable.
If you believe someone has accessed the OCEG site using your user name and password without your authorization, please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon commencement of a premium access subscription or organizational subscription, or purchase of any item, initiated either by phone, online, or e-mail, or postal mail, there are no cancellations and no refunds of fees or any portion thereof under any circumstances.
An organization becomes bound as a paying Enterprise Solution member after either signing up with a representative by phone, or by faxing in an Enterprise Solution subscription application form. Once the application has been submitted, regardless of whether or not the applying organization has remitted the payment, all sales are final and all fees are due. Questions about OCEG’s cancellation policy should be sent to email@example.com
If you are authorized to access the OCEG site through Enterprise Solution arrangements between your employer and us, some or all of these “Fees and Payments” terms may not apply to you. Please contact your employer for details.
8. Renewal. We will make reasonable attempts to contact you when your premium access subscription or organizational subscription is due to expire, and offer a simple process for renewing. If your membership or subscription expires before you accept our renewal offer, your access to OCEG and all of its services at the level of your membership or subscription will terminate without additional notice. Any special offers or discounts obtained upon your initial membership, subscription or any subsequent renewals may not necessarily be offered on renewal, and we reserve the right to change our fees at any time without notice.
9. DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE OCEG SITE AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE IS ON AN “AS-IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
INFORMATION GATHERED AND DISPLAYED ABOUT INDIVIDUAL COMPANIES, ORGANIZATIONS, GOVERNMENT AGENCIES, AND OTHER GROUPS IS AVAILABLE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED FOR TRADING PURPOSES OR FOR THE EVALUATION OF THOSE ORGANIZATIONS FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE. OCEG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR DELAYS IN CONTENT, OR FOR ANY ACTIONS TAKEN IN RELIANCE THEREON.
OCEG AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND LICENSORS (“THE OCEG PARTIES”) WILL NOT BE LIABLE (JOINTLY OR SEVERALLY) TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON AS A RESULT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THE OCEG SITE FOR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS AND LOST REVENUES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “EXCLUDED DAMAGES”), WHETHER OR NOT CHARACTERIZED IN NEGLIGENCE, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF ANY OF THE OCEG PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN ANY OF THE EXCLUDED DAMAGES, AND IRRESPECTIVE OF ANY FAILURE OF AN ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF A LIMITED REMEDY. IF ANY APPLICABLE AUTHORITY HOLDS ANY PORTION OF THIS SECTION TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, THEN THE OCEG PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST POSSIBLE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
10. Digital Millennium Copyright Act Provisions. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Submission or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at the OCEG site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at the site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit OCEG to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
OCEG’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: Carole Stern Switzer, 4835 E. Cactus, Suite 225, Scottsdale, Arizona 85254 or firstname.lastname@example.org . For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to email@example.com . You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 5(D), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
Counter-Notice. If you believe that your User Submission that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Submission, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Phoenix, Arizona, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, OCEG may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at OCEG’s sole discretion.
11. General. This Agreement contains the final and entire agreement between us regarding your use of the OCEG site and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous verbal or written negotiations, understandings, or agreements regarding your use of the OCEG site. We may discontinue or change the site or its availability to you, at any time. This Agreement is personal to you, which means that you may not assign your rights or obligations under this Agreement to anyone. No third party is a beneficiary of this Agreement. You agree that this Agreement, as well as any and all claims arising from this Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona, United States of America applicable to contracts made entirely within Arizona and wholly performed in Arizona, without regard to any conflict or choice of law principles. The sole jurisdiction and venue for any litigation arising out of this Agreement will be an appropriate federal or state court located in Phoenix, Arizona. This Agreement will not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
OCEG seeks to ensure the ethical use of information collected online and to protect the privacy of those who register on or otherwise use our site. We follow these privacy practices:
Information we collect
When you register on the OCEG site, we ask you to provide certain information in order to gain access to content and features on the site. The following fields are required to subscribe:
- First & Last Name
- Company Name
- Title / Position (your job title)
- Billing / Credit Card Information (where applicable)
- E-mail Address
- User Name (which may be your email address)
We ask that you provide additional voluntary information to complete your profile so that we may serve you better. The more information you provide about your interests and your organization, the more we can provide content of interest to you.
You may disallow the release of personally identifiable information to third parties. We never provide contact information, or names, of any individuals or entities that participate in any OCEG benchmarking studies to anyone, except to the extent that you answer a question indicating that you want to be contacted to participate in future benchmarking or research with OCEG or any survey sponsor. Even in that case, the rest of your survey answers will not be provided to anyone with any identification of who provided the answers. From time to time, we send you email on behalf of GRC thought leaders and organizations, when they wish to send you information that is GRC related and of value to our members. If you wish to opt-out and prevent receiving such communications, you may do so by using the unsubscribe/manage link at the bottom of any communication or changing the communication preferences associated with your user name in the My Account section of the site when you are logged in. Also,we provide contact information of those who download sponsored materials or participate in sponsored webinars to the sponsors of those products and events. If you are asked to register for such download or attendance by providing your contact information, it will be shared with the sponsors, so if you don’t want that to happen, don’t register.
Personally identifiable information you give us will be used to:
- Process billing and orders for products/services you choose to purchase on our site
- Send you information you may request and/or personalize the content you see based on personal preferences
- Send you occasional updates about OCEG activities and developments and about those of other organizations that relate to governance, risk management, ethics, compliance and other business issues which we believe you will find valuable.
- Help us identify the time, date, Internet location, and system information you use during any purchase. This information will assist us in the event of fraud against your credit card.
- Provide us with aggregate information about use of our site to help us understand what role in organizations (e.g., lawyer, auditor, etc.) and what types of organizations use our site, so that we may improve its usability and value. We also use aggregate data from online surveys you choose to fill out for research and publication purposes. Individuals or firms are not identified in any such research or publication.
We may include the names of subscribing companies in promotional materials, but this would not include personally identifiable information.
We will release your personal information as ordered by any court of law, and we do not guarantee that we will provide prior or subsequent notice to you. We will not challenge, or defend against any action seeking, such a court order.
Links The OCEG site contains links to other sites, but we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies of other sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each site you visit.