Stakeholders are key to the success of an internal audit function. From the board of directors to the audit committee, from regulators to outsourced suppliers, internal audit deals with a varied range of stakeholders that are integral to an effective internal audit function. If internal audit doesn’t get this right, then there could be a negative effect on a firm’s corporate governance. But the other two lines of defense are an important part of this equation, and a strong, two-way relationship can be mutually beneficial.
Join this webcast to explore:
- Enabling internal audit to leverage the benefit of these relationships
- Identifying the most important stakeholders and the differences in approach, depending on the audience
- Determining the frequency and format of internal audit communications
- Understanding the changing relationship between internal audit and the other lines of defense
- Meeting the expectations of internal and external stakeholders
- Managing the conflict inherent in internal audit’s relationship with regulators
- Assessing how the culture of the organization changes internal audit’s approach
- Noah Gottesman, Audit Advisory & Innovation Director at Thomson Reuters
- William Watts, Partner at Crowe Horwath’s National Internal Audit Practice
CPE Credit Notice
This is a group internet-based event for NASBA authorized continuing education credit. Attendees who are premium individual or enterprise members of OCEG or who have an OCEG All Access Pass will receive a certificate of completion of this webcast indicating 1 hour of CPE.
OCEG is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org. For information regarding administrative issues such as complaints or refunds please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.