OCEG ANNOUNCES THE 2012 GRC ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS AND
THE PRINCIPLED PERFORMANCE PRIZE
The Open Compliance & Ethics Group (OCEG) is pleased to announce that it has awarded four organizations with the 2012 GRC Achivement Awards.
The recipients of this year’s awards are:
Click on each name to view the nomination video
The GRC Achievement Awards recognize the great strides that companies, government agencies and other organizations have made in improving and integrating their approaches to governance, risk management and compliance (GRC) to achieve Principled Performance.
One recipient of the GRC Achievement Awards is also selected by the judging panel as the project that best exemplifies a pathway to Principled Performance and this year’s winner, Sybase, impressed our panel by describing successful efforts to integrate governance, risk and compliance into the rhythm of the business.
The goal of Principled Performance - the reliable achievement of objectives, while addressing uncertainty and acting with integrity – is supported by taking an an integrated, rather than siloed approach across your business areas and the processes of governance, assurance and management of performance, risk, and compliance. OCEG established the GRC Achievement Awards in 2010 to offer recognition to organizations that have undertaken to gain Principled Performance and to provide examples and inspiration for organizations of all types and sizes to follow.
The recipients of the 2012 awards presented projects that addressed the following key points and demonstrated commitment to continue movement toward achievement of Principled Performance.
* Implementation of a significant portion of the OCEG Red Book GRC Capability Model
* A project that took an integrated, rather than siloed approach across business areas and the processes of governance and management of risk, compliance and more (finance, process improvement, quality, legal or audit).
* Demonstration of how the project made it easier for the organization to achieve Principled Performance in specific financial (revenue, cost, profit, share price, growth) and operational (production, quality, customer satisfaction) terms.
We also thank the following individuals who served as the selection committee for the 2012 GRC Achievement Awards/ reviewing the video sumbissions and seletcting the winners based on those presentations:
- Brian Barnier (chair), OCEG Fellow, and Principal Analyst & Advisors, ValueBridge Advisors
- Michael Cangemi, CEO, Cangemi Company. Previously, president of ISACA and FEI, served on the COSO board and FASB advisory panel.
- Katherine Combs, Past chair, current board and executive committee member, Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals
- Matthew Kelly, Publisher and Editor in Chief, Compliance Week Magazine
- Jon Lukomnik, Managing Partner, Sinclair Capital L.L.C. Co-founder of the International Corporate Governance Network, IRRC, Governance Metrics Intl
- Carole Switzer, President, OCEG
Awards were presented during the Compliance Week Conference, June 4-6th, in Washington, D.C.
The 2011 GRC Achievement Awards were presented to Adecco, Constellation Energy, Humana, MISO and Visa.
The 2010 GRC Achievement Awards were presented to Best Buy, Capital One, Carnival Cruise Lines, Direct TV, Tawuniya and VISA (also winner of the Peer Choice Prize). View the 2010 winning presentations here.
Be sure you are logged into the OCEG site with your username and password to download the presentations.